Friday, February 24, 2012

fingers crossed

It's almost a week since we lost the house and we are still in the hotel.  They actually know us by our first names now.  I think that's a sign that we have been there for too long.

I have people praying that a house is found for us soon.  Younger son is not coming with us, so we could get by with 2 bedrooms but I don't want to confuse the guy who is looking for a house for us.  He's with disaster services.  Disaster is right.

I'm thinking I'll feel better once we are settled.  I miss the dogs and Josh and just having a home. 

I don't mean to be pity poor me and so I will stop that now and focus on kindness.

My next door neighbors... where would we be without them?  Josh has been with them for a week along with the dogs and one cat, we still haven't found the second one but we are putting out food and water daily.

Chef Don at the Embassy Suites who gave us a whopper of a complimentary fruit plate.

Andrea who cleans the tables at the Embassy restaurant offered me clothes.

The lady at Michael who gave me a 10% discount after I apologised for the stinky money I was handing her.

My rubber stamping internet family who have sent me good wishes and cheer and sympathy.

My next door neighbors... they need to be thanked twice or more.  These are the same neighbors who not only is sheltering son and dogs but gave us shelter that first night and even shared their clothes with us.

The guy at the liquor store who gave Josh a discount on the beer he bought.  Josh goes there often and they recognize him and often come out to greet Charlie who loves to go along for a ride with him.

Joan, a local on my rubberstamping list, who has offered clothes, a lunch date and a shoulder to cry on.

Anja, Kali's (our girl dog) first mother who has invited us to her mother's house for a meal.

Every and any one who gives me a smile, a kind word a nod.  Life will get better

No comments:

Post a Comment